Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Body after Pregnancy

I read an article on the net about false hopes of women who give birth being able to bounce back into their pre-pregnancy bodies.

People think I have "bounced back" to my original size. What they don't realise is that my stomach and breasts are not what they used to be. I never had a flat board abs but the skin was quite tight and once I lost weight, the stomach didn't hang. Now, I'm back to my small size, yet the tummy has a roll of jelly that plops around depending which way I lie down.

My breasts never satisfied me but I really should've appreciated them more because after giving birth, they are not only big but soft and roll to the sides when I lie down. Wearing strapless dresses was difficult enough before becoming a mother but possible. Now, I can forget it. The boobs are way too low without a bra and no strapless bra will ever provide enough support.

However, please don't get discouraged, it is possible to look the way you did with a good bra and get your stomach small enough to look flat under clothes (without much exercise if you were not big to begin with). I think it is possible to get the stomach flat completely because I have noticed mine getting better.

The boobs can't be changed unfortunately (without surgery) but there's nothing a good bra can't fix. And honestly, they don't even look that bad without one. Don't think of those tribal women who have sausages hanging to their bellies. Just a couple of centimetres lower than before pregnancy.

The most important thing for me was that J says he finds me even more attractive now than ever. Every time I mention getting a boob job, he quickly says, "NO! I love them. You're perfect." With J's confidence in me, I feel sexier than ever. So get yourself a supportive partner before making babies and your body will be just the way you want it (and let's not forget you get a beautiful precious baby as a bonus).

No comments: