Friday, June 12, 2009

All cried out

I just let Sophie cry for 15 minutes. I didn't think she'd stop but she did and now she's asleep. I feel like such a horrible mother. Maybe I should've rocked her for those 15 minutes till she could relax enough to fall asleep. I did that last time.

Usually her cry makes me so upset that I just run to her but today I was so tired and annoyed and irritated that I was willing to try the cry-it-out theory. I have to say that I am really amazed that it only lasted 15 minutes. If I didn't look at the clock I thought it was going on for an hour.

The worst thing about letting your baby cry is wondering if she is crying for a reason like she needs something or out of frustration that she's too tired and can't sleep.

I wish I could go for a nap too but her dinner is on the stove so have to wait till that finishes cooking.

No comments: