Thursday, July 16, 2009

Real Love

What is love? An age-old question.

I was pondering this in bed last night. Love has to be unconditional right? It envelopes the whole person. Everything, the good and the bad.

You know when you love someone, right?

I know I love Sophie. It comes from within. There is nothing she can ever do to make me not love her.

Do I love J? All of him? I'm worried that I don't know the answer to that. My thoughts tell me that of course I love him. But when I look deep inside myself and ask, "Do I love him right now, when his temper is boiling over and he's saying things that hurt me?" I'm angry, I'm mad, I can't love him at that moment. Then, we're fine again. He takes me into his arms and we giggle like little kids under the covers. I love him again.

Can love stop and start? Is that really true love?

No comments: